RIGHTS JESSORE is a leading human rights organization in Bangladesh dedicated to protection and promotion of human rights, prevention of human trafficking and providing service to the victims of human trafficking. Rights Jessore awarded, Ashshash: “For Men and Women Who Have Escaped Trafficking” a two years project is searching for competent staff to implement its time worthy project.
Job Title : Counselor
Location : Based in Jessore, Bangladesh
Department : Programme
Salary : Consolidated BDT- 25,000.00
Contract Length : Fixed Term for 2 years with possibility of further
Responsible to : Project Manager
Responsible for : Programme Staff
Other relations in RJ : Admin & Accounts Officer
Number of Position : 1
Prospective counselor will have the following skills and experience:
- Post graduate/ graduate in Psychology, Clinical Psychology or Social Science with a good academic record.
- Obtained training or courses in psychosocial counseling services.
- Minimum 2-3 years of practical experience in providing counseling services to the survivors of trafficking or relevant group.
- Experience in working with survivors of trafficking or relevant group.
- Experience in case management and reintegration of a survivor of trafficking.
- Experience in documentation of counseling services and reporting.
- Have sensitivity and respect towards the survivors and relevant group of people.
- Ability to maintain a professional behavior and relationship with clients, counterparts, colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Have positive willingness to support vulnerable group like survivors of trafficking.
- Have Competitive inter-personal communication skills.
The role and responsibilities will include the following:
- Maintain proper discretion and confidentiality to build trust with Men and Women Who Have Escaped Trafficking (survivors of human trafficking), their families, peers and community.
- Conduct comprehensive Mental State Examination (MSE) of clients using Ashshash’s specific tools and the guideline.
- Provide psychosocial counselling service to the survivors, their families and communities, based on their need and context following the “Do No Harm” principle.
- Provide need based psychosocial support to survivors during training, On-the-Job training, job placement and follow up phase of survivors’ reintegration process.
Conduct regular field visit including remote area to provide counselling service to the survivors
- Keep record and maintain all kind of forms/ registration, reports, files, guidelines and other documents related to his/her jurisdiction. e.g. counseling, psychosocial support, behavioral data collection etc.
- Maintain overall case management process, system maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Assist to prepare monthly, quarterly and other periodical report as per guideline and requirement of Ashshash.
- Maintain close liaison with other relevant stakeholders from government and non-government organizations.
- Participate in different training, meeting, workshop, seminar, symposium- organized by the project and other counterpart.
- Provide necessary support to other team members when needed or instructed by his/her supervisor or organization.
Interested individuals are requested to send updated CV, cover letter and photograph at firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copies of the application can also be sent to the President, Rights Jessore, Mahima Mahal, 119/2, Jail Road, Jessore-7400, Bangladesh.
*Please insert the name of the post applied at the top of the envelop
[Only female candidate will be applicable for this position and short-listed candidates will be communicated. Any form of persuasion will be treated disqualification of the candidates]
Application Deadline: June 26, 2020