Geographical area covered: 10 Unions from 8 Upazila of Jashore district in Bangladesh.
Key Stakeholders: Chairman and members of Union Parishad, Journalist, Community leaders, Women leaders, Youth, Representative from Political Party, Representative from Local administration and general citizens/voters of selected unions.
Project Duration: 12 Months (January 2021-Decmeber 2021
- Develop ‘one-pager’ describing the benefit of disclosure of financial information
- Conduct individual meeting with elected representatives
- Sign MoU with the elected representatives
- Prepare a guideline/format on financial disclosure practices
- Formation of non-partisan civil society groups at union level
- Organizing media briefing
Outcomes of the project
- Elected representatives of the 10 unions disclose their financial statements to the citizens.
- Civil society representatives become aware about financial disclosure
- People become aware about clean candidates in the following elections
Anticipated impact of the project
- Transparency and accountability of the local elected representatives to the citizens improved.
- Corruption in distributing government assistance under social safety net programs decreased
Donor: The Asia Foundation